As we are one step away from the end of an intense 2019, we take stock of a year full of professional and personal news. We look back with satisfaction on having fulfilled commitments to old and new customers, having successfully faced changes demanded by the sector and having contributed to the creation of new sustainable business models both within and outside our community. Throughout the year our team has never ceased in its effort to offer the most complete services available related to the execution of integral installations, incorporating all the latest developments and fully meeting the needs of those who have chosen us.
With this enriching and rewarding background we can now enter into a new year that will be especially significant to Estel Ingeniería y Obras: we celebrate our silver anniversary! No more and no less than 25 years in the business, and during these years we have managed to go beyond Mallorca and Spain to leave our mark on countless foreign projects in the UK, the US, Argentina, Mexico, Jamaica, the Dominican Republic, Algeria, Qatar and Saudi Arabia, among many other countries.
We face 2020 proud of our first-class industrial and global team, specialised in engineering and international installations for hotels, construction companies, public administrations, private individuals… Our human resources make it possible for us to take on the management and execution of any initiative, no matter how complex or large it is, and in any location.
Our goal is to keep working on every new project with the same enthusiasm as when we started, without losing sight of the values that have defined us from the very beginning: respect for the environment, optimisation of resources, incorporation of the latest advances in the sector and a commitment to quality and safety.
Estel’s initiatives and participation in 2019
During these 365 days Estel has undertaken a great many projects in the areas of engineering, integral installations and maintenance. These are some of the biggest:
- Low voltage electrical installation for Katmandu Park & Resort on Mallorca
- Remodelling and sustainable integration of accessways, passenger buildings and the surrounding areas at Mérida and Badajoz train stations
- Reconditioning of the engine room and air-conditioning facilities at the hotel Royalton Blue Waters in Jamaica
- Refurbishment of plumbing, electricity and automatic fire detection facilities at Hilton La Romana in the Dominican Republic
- General installations at the Catalonia Costa Mujeres resort in Mexico
- Reconditioning of general installations at the Circle by Meliá in Paradisus Palma Real in the Dominican Republic
- Remodelling of telecommunication facilities at the Meliá Coco Beach Hotel in Puerto Rico
- Expansion of the Club Med Cancún Hotel in Mexico and refurbishing of the Club Med de Michès in the Dominican Republic
- Refurbishment of the general installations at the Royalton Papagayo Hotel in Costa Rica and the Excellence Punta Cana
- Comprehensive overhaul of restaurants and telecommunications facilities at the Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall in Jamaica
- Design and implementation of facilities for extraction and ventilation, air-conditioning and electricity in the central building of the H10 Ocean El Faro in Punta Cana
- Reconditioning of the engine room and air-conditioning facilities at the Royalton White Sands in Jamaica
Estel has also participated in various events on Mallorca this year, such as the 11th Positive Business People Meeting (organised by Onda Cero and CaixaBank to evaluate the global economic situation), the APDay: Building a More Sustainable Humanity (developed by the Association for Management Progress) and the International Seminar on Tourism INTO 2019 (set up by the Government of the Balearic Islands to discuss the future opportunities of a circular economy). Our team also attended events in the beginning of the year that were organised by the Fundació Impulsa Balears, created to boost the global competitiveness of the Balearic Islands, and has sponsored various initiatives such as the Diario de Mallorca Awards and the Preferred Group awards of FITUR.
Among other significant events, two that stood out was receiving the European Award for Business Management and Innovation awarded by the AEDEEC – recognising the role we play in the field of national management and innovation – and Estel being selected as one of the companies on the prestigious list of business excellence presented by the European Business Awards 2019.